sábado, 8 de novembro de 2014

On surpassing time itself

    Lately I haven't had much time on my own. My imagination and my ability to conceptualize are numb lately, that makes me a little bit worried that I may turn the autopilot mode on more that I should. Stranger, friend, you should be sure that you are leading your live the way you want if you want to feel visible in this world. It's hard to feel visible isn't it? We are so, so little...

    Everything is so fragile and impermanent that we must be present at almost all times. We are not immortal, we are forgettable, all of us. In a few years who will remember us? Immortality (metaphorical speaking, of course) is an illusion. We as individuals are mortal, so mortal and fragile that everything seems to us scary and gigantic. But as a species, we can be immortal. Where will we be in a thousand years...? It is up to us to discover some more paths to our successors. Will we be good ancestors? Humanity as a species has the ability to reach several conscience, mind and emotional states that will allow us to ... I don't even know, my brain is tired (as I'm writing this at 3am, with a weak long of badly slept nights behind me)... I have all this images, separate words, concepts and sounds in my mind - all mixed together in a noisy amount of feelings and sensations- that I can't quite put to words right now (and sometimes not even in my best days).

    Today I read some essays from a webs-site/potential millennium institution called The Long Now, they've been working on a project called the 10, 000 year clock. The clocks are to be installed in several deserted locations (mainly mountains), with melodies (all different from each other) it marks the time at a long term distance...

"Serve the long view,
Reward patience
Mind mythic depth
Ally with competition
Take no sides
Leverage longevity"
But live in the now...



- Fawlin




Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário